<$BlogMetaData$>
Etcetera Whatever

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

dickinson 5



"I have a Bird in spring
Which for myself doth sing--
The spring decoys.
And as the summer nears--
And as the Rose appears,
Robin is gone.

Yet I do not repine
Knowing that Bird of mine
Though flown--
Learneth beyond the sea
Melody new for me
And will return.

Fast in a safer hand
Held in a truer Land
Are mine--
And though they now depart,
Tell I my doubting hear
They're thine.

In a serener Bright,
In a more golden light
I see
Each little doubt and fear,
Each little discord here
Removed.

Then will I not repine,
Knowing that Bird of mine
Though flown
Shall in a distant tree
Bright melody for me
Return."

(the complete poems of emily dickinson, 7-8)

1 Comments:

Blogger vvoi said...

well,
this is a really nice poem
although there is something slightly
frightening about it wouldn't you
say as in the "each little doubt or fear,
each little discord here"
and only after that
"removed"
holding one's breath can be dangerous for the health...
if you like new art, please visit me at new-art.blogspot.com
i hope you like it too and drop by often :)

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home