<$BlogMetaData$>
Etcetera Whatever

Thursday, May 12, 2005

beddome: reprise

a friend let me know that he and his family enjoyed the previous posting of a hymn by benjamin beddome. so, on what has turned into a short day, another set of beddome's verses:

"Great God! my Maker and my King,
Of thee I'll speak, of thee I'll sing;
All thou hast done, and all thou dost,
Declare thee good, proclaim thee just.

Thy ancient thoughts and firm decrees;
Thy threatenings and thy promises;
The joys of heaven, the pains of hell,--
What angels taste, what devils feel;

Thy terrors and thy acts of grace;
Thy threatening rod, and smiling face;
Thy wounding and thy healing word;
A world undone, a world restored;

While these excite my fear and joy,
While these my tuneful lips employ,
Accept, O Lord, the humble song,
The tribute of a trembling tongue."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home