<$BlogMetaData$>
Etcetera Whatever

Thursday, May 19, 2005

reviewing my view

in an attempt to answer some criticisms that friends and i have made of some of my previous posts, i decided to consider the format and content of my pages. so, much to heather's delight (and perhaps to the delight of a critic on another site), i am ready to make a slight change to the format of my blog. namely, i am going to stop pulling an e e cummings. in other words, i plan to use proper capitalization in my posts. I do this now for a few reasons. The primary reasons are my own struggles with not typing properly and the difficulty such a style has caused some friends whose readership I appreciate. Also, I plan on using something like a blog format in an upper-lever course I am teaching on Colonial America in the fall. So, I don't want students developing any bad habits. Though I found the discipline of writing sans capitalization somewhat cathartic (as I expressed on another site), I think it gets in the way for some people. So, time for a change (probably a permanent one).

Also, in reviewing the content of previous posts, I realized I have really not posted any substantive book reviews. Well, that's something I would like to do. So, I plan on posting critical book reviews from time to time. Not only will I offer comments on relatively "new reads," but I also plan on making available various published and unpublished reviews I have written over the past few years. Perhaps such postings will generate more interaction by my readers. Perhaps I'll help sell a few books. And maybe even make these pages a bit more useful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Richard A. Bailey said...

Hopefully the template changes I experiment with won't make it even harder for a time. But they will be temporary until I find something I like. Thanks for your earlier feedback regarding the difficulties of reading things. They certainly factored into my decision.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home